Quantcast

December 23, 2011

Tag: Christmas!

(image: wehartit)

Hey ladies! Hope you're all done with your Christmas shopping and ready to party, because I'm not! In fact, I never realized tomorrow was Christmas' Eve... oh well, I'll be working anyway as last week-end I started a new job as a chambermaid at a local hotel and OMG, I love it so much! So yes, no more pressure and stress at the clothing store, now I just do my own thing and as long as everything is clean, it's perfect!

I'm still not sure what we will do for Christmas as my parents recently divorced and so I moved in with my mother but my brothers are still living with my father. We will try to have a dinner with everyone anyway, the tricky part is always to be able to find a date that will suit everybody and their girlfriend/boyfriend. My maternal grandparents are currently away in Florida (lucky them!) while I'm not sure if we will get to see my father's family. Anyway, I won't start stressing with that, we've never had a big party for Christmas anyway as I can't say I'm very close to my family.

Since I haven't got really interesting things in the mail to show you this week (I received a super cute 2012 Telus calendar and a Julep Maven box but more on that later...), I decided to do this cute Christmas tag in an attempt to get me in the mood (:

(image: weheartit)

Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, with tons of mini marshmallows and chocolate syrup... yum! I think I have tasted egg nog only once in my life and OMG, never again! Eggs are already off-putting, but a drink containing eggs? Now that's just disgusting!

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
They are always wrapped! It never occured to me that not everybody wraps presents?

Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
I think that coloured lights are more fun and screams "Christmas!" way more than white ones, but white ones are more classy and I personally like to keep some all year round in my room because they just cheer me up without being too festive. However, I can't stand blue lights, they simply drive me crazy and come on, you're not in a nightclub!

Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope!

(image: weheartit)

When do you put your decorations up?
I would say at the begginning of December, but sometimes even at the end of November!

What is your favourite holiday dish?
I don't have one. I always hated turkey and ham and I've never been a big fan of tourtière either (tourtière is a meat pie often made with pork. It's served during the Christmas holidays and it's very popular in Québec.) In my family, we've never really followed the traditional meals and we almost always ordered some chinese! My favorite part of Christmas dinner are always desserts anyway. Now that I'm a vegetarian, I have no idea what I will cook! I was thinking maybe vegetarian lasagna?

Favourite Holiday memory as a child?
I don't have one. I guess it was fun to go in those big parties with the family and play with the little cousins. Now it's just not the same. People change, you know.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember how old I was but I think I recognized my father's watch on Santa's arm...

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, we've always opened our gifts on Christmas Eve at night. We have tried to hold on until Christmas morning but let's just say it didn't really work!


How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I personally hate to decorate the Christmas tree, I'm so lazy and I don't have the patience for that! Usually, my mother does it alone. There's light, cards, baubles, ornaments, etc.

Snow! Love it or dread it?
I hate snow! I always say that snow is fun until you drive a car or until you actually have to go out to work or something. 

Can you ice skate?
Yes but I don't enjoy it, my feet always hurt after. I actually even took ice skating classes when I was younger!

Do you remember your favourite gift?
A Nintendo 64 with Super Mario 64, definitely! It was the start of a looooooong love story...

What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
I don't know, I may be the only person on heart that don't really get excited for the Holidays. I hate how my family waits until Christmas to see each other, I see that as only an excuse. Maybe it's just me being weird though.

What is your favourite Holiday dessert?
I love any desserts, especially the ones my grandmother makes!

What is your favourite holiday tradition?
We never really followed any traditions. We tried going to the church at midnight once before opening presents and never again!

(image: weheartit)


♫ Last Christmas - Wham!

M E R R Y  C H R I S T M A S ! !

9 comments:

  1. Such a fun tag. I hope I have time to do it. Those dogs are so adorable :)

    allthingssgirly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love hot chocolate with loads of marshmellows too! I miss it now that I've gone vegetarian I can't have the marshmellows! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Gaby, I am glad to hear you have a new job that you love. We always open Christmas eve too, we do appetizers and everyone brings a dish. Now that you're an adult you can start your own Christmas traditions! I left a comment on my blog but yes I got the lip balms and have opened the vanilla buttercream one only so far. It smells exactly like that and so far it's really moisturizing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gaby! Nice Christmas tree you have :) The different coloured lights are similar to my family Christmas Tree. Different coloured lights are fun, but whenever I've seen a display or looked at lights on houses I drive by, I always seem to admire the plain white lights more. Idunno why!
    Haha...egg nog is not that bad! If you get a good one, it's actually really tasty. I'm sure there's a heck of a lot more cream and sugar than there is any "egg". Maybe that's why I actually don't mind it :)
    Often I'm too lazy to wrap presents for Christmas so I stick them in Christmas gift bags with tissue paper! Much easier :)
    I use to open presents on Christmas Eve as a kid since I was too excited to wait til Christmas morning. But now that I'm all grown up I actually sleep in til like 2:00 pm on Christmas Day and open presents then! I just like spending time with family for Christmas :)
    This is an interesting tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fun! I hope I can take some time to do this on my blog! Loved reading yours! Hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun tag! I hope that your Christmas plans come together in the best way! I can totally sympathize on the family part! I have to do like three Christmas' to suit everyone! Happy holidays! I hope that you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Gaby! Sorry to hear you had to work Christmas Eve, but I hope you'll still get the chance to work something out with your family so you guys can still celebrate the holidays together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. je viens juste de lire ton poste , épreuve difficille mais je sais que tu es courageuse , tu as commencé un nouveau job et tes études ?
    disant que je te comprend car moi aussi je passe un moment super dure , peut etre l'année prochaine on va feter entre blogeuse on va inviter tout le monde ,et on va s'offrir que des cosméto et du chocolat .
    vas y doucement avec l'alcool j'attends ton avis sur julep maven car moi aussi je l'ai commandé .

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Vintage Makeup : You can always find some without gelatin, some brands use egg whites instead (:

    @ Tracy D: Yey, I'm glad you like the lipbalms Tracy, I would have felt so bad if you didn't like them! Seriously, I keep trying others but I always come back to these ones.

    @Rinny : yes we actually celebrated on the 26 and it was the most fun I've had in AGES!

    @beauty combat : En fait je finis l'universit. cet été mais j'ai décidé que j'avais en masse de temps pour travailler et il suffit de concilier travail/études et tout va bien! Oui ça serait une super bonne idée un party entre bloggueuses... on est peut-être pas obligées d'attendre jusqu'à Noël non plus? =P

    ReplyDelete