Quantcast

March 01, 2012

Julep Maven Boho Glam Intro Box


Some times ago, Julep had a wicked deal going on - 1¢ for any Intro Box, how amazing is that? Of course, I had to take advantage of it! When I took the Julep Maven Style Quiz, I was told I was an American Beauty, but I was not fond of the shades so I decided to opt for Boho Glam instead .


Here is what the Boho Glam Intro Box contained:

  • Julep Glow On Age Defying Hand Brightener 
  • Heather Julep Nail Vernis (chic platinum greige with a metallic glow)
  • Blake Julep Nail Vernis (sunny butter yellow crème)
  • Julep Facial For Hands Glycolic Hand Scrub sample
  • Julep Everyday SPF SPF 30 Hand Cream sample



Julep Glow On Age Defying Hand Brightener $32 for 89mL / 3 FL OZ
Visibly minimizes the appearance of fine lines and age spots on your hands while adding radiant glow and evening skin tone. Contains rare African plant extracts that are clinically proven to block melanin production and reduce hyper-pigmentation and micro light diffusing technology gives hands an instant glowing and luminescent appearance. Advanced emulsion system imparts water-resistant, non-greasy softness.
I must say I was not happy to see a random hand cream in this box (even though I knew I would received it). It's super light and it's absorbed incredibly quickly into the skin without leaving any residue behind, but still, it's not moisturizing enough for my patches of eczema. Also, because I don't have a problem with hyperpigmentation, I almost immediately gave this cream to my mother.


I think I would prefer if Julep included more manicure related products instead of skin care products. I would have personally be happier to receiv three nail polishes, or even, two nail polishes and a top coat. Who needs another hand cream, after all?


Heather and Blake Julep Nail Vernis $14 for 8mL / .27 FL OZ
Professional quality “4-free” nail polish formulation, developed without carcinogens such as formaldehyde or formaldehyde resin, toluene and DBP.

From my past experience with Julep Maven, I already knew that I would not like Heather. Yes it's pretty in the bottle (I'm in love with greige nail polishes) but I personally think the metallic finish spoils it all. I have a preference for cream finish but Heather just looks dull in my opinion. It's not as pigmented as I would have liked it to be on the nails (I needed three coats to be somewhat happy with it), and of course, it chipped after only 2 days, which is not what I would have expected from a $14 nail polish!


Blake was love at first sight - it's the sole reason why I chose the Boho Glam box! I love yellow nail polishes, they cheer me up and they just look unique! The only yellow nail polish I had in my collection was Avon Nailwear Pro in Sunshine and as happy as it made me feel, it was still more of a mustard-y yellow and I've been on the hunt forever for a more banana-y yellow... well I have finally found it in Blake!

I think the formula is perfect - smooth, creamy and easy to apply. The color is perfectly opaque after 2 shades and OMG, this thing clings to the nails like crazy! Blake lasted a good four days on my finger nails without any chip, and I couldn't resist to apply it on my toe nails too... where it lasted about 2 full weeks! Wow!

My opinion has still not changed about Julep Maven - I'm not sure it's worth the $19.99 a month becaue none of their shades are truly unique and so far, I have only been happy with their cream nail polishes. For more details on Julep Maven, please see my Classic With A Twist Intro Box review.

I have a little surprise for you lovely ladies! Feel free to use the code GABYSBEAUTYBLOG at checkout to receive your first Julep Maven Sneak Peek Box for just $5! (valued over $40).

12 comments:

  1. The silver nail polish is gorgeous
    www.whokilledlola.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow polish; but it's funny that the creams stay put for you - I have the opposite problem with Julep; the cream polishs chip after two days and the shimmers/metallics stay put!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both colours on you! But I have so much polish right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a deal, even if you aren't a fan of the hand cream! I really like Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see Julep getting more and more popular these days. I really like their unique nail polish packaging. Both colors in your Boho Glam box are pretty. I especially like Heather and how it looks on your nails. Sorry to hear that it chipped right away on you though. As for Blake, I love how it looks sunny and happy. It's sometimes hard to find a true soft, sunny yellow shade. Glad this one showed up true to color on your nails. :)

    ELF products sure are amazing. I like how the quality is pretty good for a very reasonable price. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the yellow polish...perfect for spring!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Beauty Fiend @ Venus Loves Virgo : Sadly, I'm not a fan ):

    @CityGirl : Oh really? Well I've found that in general, cream polishes last better on my nails than any other finish.

    @ fairy_ana @Girlie Blogger @Simple Country Girl : Absolutely!

    @ Tracy@Beauty Reflections : I know, me too, that's part of why I'm not sold to Julep Maven z=

    @Sarah : I'm not a fan of Heather, it chips way too fast for the price and I don't really like the finish z=

    @ Jannie : I agree on the packaging! When I wasn't familiar with Julep, I actually thought they were selling lipglosses LOL!

    @

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one subscription box I can easily resist, as I tend to only wear colour on my toes and clear on my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the yellow nail polish! Such a lovely happy colour! xx

    ReplyDelete